PCWizKid always looks at the best free tools for Windows customization. Today we look at the latest version of the application launhcer from RocketDock. As seen for years now on the MAC OSX the dock has become popular in other operating systems I have reviewed like Ubuntu and Windows XP and Vista.
One drawback of installing utilities and tools to help change your OS system skin is that it uses memory. The last thing you want is to add additional bagage that will slow down your desktop. So whats the point? Well the point here is to enable you to get a better user experience of the desktop with a slick dock with shortcuts to your most used applications. At the same time you look a customized icons that are eyecandy without using much system resources. The answer is RocketDock. Its lightweight and will not eat up much system resources and CPU.
Take a look here at my detailed video review
- After you install RocketDock, you can also download separately add-ons such as docklets, skins and icons.
- These add-ons will be zipped and you will need to extract the zip file you downloaded
- Addons need to be placed into the appropriate folder /docklets/ or /skins/ or /icons/
- Change the icons by right clicking on the them in the dock
- change the skins by going into the settings for the dock
- add Docklets by right clicking in a empty area of the dock