|Sunbeamtech known for its computer cases and cooling products has a CPU cooler called the "Core-Contact Freezer". PCWizKid reviews how cool and effective it can be with an AMD Quad Core Phenom CPU overclocked at 3Ghz.
When I first saw the tower-like design of this cooler, I immediately had concerns with its compatibility with motherboards and space, however I was relieved to see as I installed it our Asus M3A78-T motherboard that there was nothing to worry about. The design is plain and simple, yet logical. In the video review you can see the details, there are 4 U-shaped copper heatpipes that make contact with both the base and through the 50 odd aluminum fins that basically make a heatsink structure. The conventional and standard use heatpipes dissipating heat through aluminum is not new, however the X pattern of these thin fins makes it easier and quicker to get things cooled off.
PCWizKid's test system specifications
- Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR2 1066 (Diamond recommends 1GB minimum)
- CPU cooler - Core-Contact Freezer from Sunbeamtech
- Ambient room temperature is 20C or 68F
Fan Features (from Sunbeamtech website)
1. Silent 120mm Fan MFDB ( Magnetic Fluid Dynamic Bearing)
2. Ultra-Silent Low-Noise Level (16db)
3. Outstanding Long Life of 50,000 Hours
1. Low Thermal Resistance for Superior Heat Transfer, 4.5W/mK
2. Small Molecular Size Makes a Better Contact Between the
Heatsink and Heatsource
3. Thin Bond Line for Hi-Efficiency Conductivity
4. Low Bleed under High Pressure
5. Spreads Easy - Clean Consistency
6. Help the Low-pressure Clip Design of Cooler to Achieve
7. better cooling performance
8. RoHS Compliant
9. Not Electrically Conductive
ConclusionPC Gamers and Enthusiasts looking to keep things cool can rest assured that the Core-Contact Freezer's effective combination with the include Fan works. As seen in the video review PCWizkid demonstrated its capability of keeping a 100% load CPU well below the temperature limits of the CPU manufacturer. the ability to control the fan speed easily also helps fine tune the noise / cooling needs for those who rather tweak things themselves. The easy installation and simple design makes it a snap to install in our tests and the overall package is complete with all you need.